News release on COVID-19
(8:00 p.m., 12-3-2020)
1. The Ministry of Health and Sports is continuously conducting surveillance on COVID-19 acute respiratory disease at international entry/exit gates, in hospital-based and community-based processes, and in collaboration with private hospitals.
2. There are 14 quarantined patients under surveillance in respective hospitals between 6 p.m., 11-3-2020, to 6 p.m., 12-3-2020. Their lab samples have been sent to the National Health Laboratory (Yangon).
3. The lab results of 4 of the aforementioned patients have showed they do not have COVID-19.
4. The lab results of 8 Myanmar nationals quarantined at South Okkalapa Maternal and Child Hospital and a patient at Shwepantaw community hospital, Aunglan Township, Magway Region, show they do not have COVID-19.
5. Sixteen quarantined patients are currently under surveillance as of 6 p.m., 12-3-2020.
6. As of 12-3-2020, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Myanmar, but nonetheless, surveillance activities are actively in progress. COVID-19 is currently spread across neighboring China and 114 countries around the world. WHO recently declared the virus a pandemic and the general public is advised to closely follow the healthcare guidelines published by the Ministry of Health and Sports.
Ministry of Health and Sports
(Translated by Zaw Htet Oo)