- Consequence analysis workshop on money laundering and terrorist financing
- 2nd anti-polio campaign kicks off in Maungtaw
- Amyotha Hluttaw discusses river dredging, business loans and security
- Senior General Min Aung Hlaing meets with Archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese
- Six French tourists pass Myanmar during their cross-border road trip
Enquiry on accusation of human rights abuses and action to be taken according to the law
1/ Looking forward to non-disintegration of the Union, non-disintegration of national solidarity and perpetuation of the sovereignty, based on freedom, equality and justice, the Union Peace Conference—21st Century Panglong 2nd session was held at Nay Pyi Taw from 24th May 2017 to 29th May 2017 for building up the Union in harmony with the Panglong spirit, based on democracy and federalism which guarantee democracy, national equality and self-determination, in accord with the outcomes of the political dialogues.
State Counsellor of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar Daw Aung San Suu Kyi paid a visit to China to attend the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation at the invitation of President Xi Jinping, from 13th to 17th May 2017 and arrived back Nay Pyi Taw by a special flight at 15:00 hrs on 17th May 2017.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a press release yesterday on conclusion of official visits to European countries by State Counsellor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.
The Union Government has been implementing the national reconciliation and peace process with special focus.
(Following is the unofficial translation of the press release on selecting Ma Aye Chan Aung as the person who is worth congratulating for the month of February by the State Counsellor.)
Office of the State Counsellor Words of Thanks to the Public 1st Waxing of Tagu 1378 ME
The Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Ministry of the Office of the State Counsellor
16th March 2017
The Government of Myanmar welcomes the Interim Report of the Advisory Commission on Rakhine State.
Heads of service organization transferred and confirmed
1. The Union Government has issued Announcement No. 29/2016 on 30th May 2016 announcing the Gazetted holidays for Governmental Offices and public holidays under the Section 25 of the Negotiable Instruments Act in the 2017 Calendar Year.
Announcement regarding attacks in Laukkai, Shan State